Sunday, January 20, 2008

Out of The Mouths of Babes

Genesis 49; Genesis 50; Psalm 8; Luke 20
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 8


1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise

Observation

I am sure that you have heard a child talk about God. Children know how to praise Him. It is not forced. They don’t make up stuff that sounds nice like we adults can do when we are asked to pray out loud.

Kids need the opportunity to hear God’s word. They need to have the chance to be in church so they can learn about God. I am so glad that as a young child my grandmother took me to church.

I believe she is the reason that I have a personal relationship with Christ today. God’s word penetrated my young heart and later I responded to a loving Heavenly Father’s call on my life for salvation.

Application

I will personally thank all of my children’s workers this week for the important work they are doing with our children.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, children and infants know how to praise you. It comes naturally for them. Give me that kind of child like faith. I want to praise you from a sincere heart. Search my heart today Lord and show me anything that is not pleasing to you. Be glorified in our church today. I pray for our people that there may be an excitement for you in their hearts. Use people that are on fire for you to fire up the rest of us. Revive us oh Lord. Help us to reach more and more families that have young children. Bless our children’s ministry and bless our children’s workers today.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: