Friday, January 25, 2008

For Christ Our Passover Lamb Has Been Sacrificed

Exodus 12; Exodus 13; Psalm 21; Acts 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Exodus 12

7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs.

12 "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn—both men and animals—and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

21 Then Moses summoned all the elders of Israel and said to them, "Go at once and select the animals for your families and slaughter the Passover lamb. 22 Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. Not one of you shall go out the door of his house until morning.

23 When the LORD goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.


Observation

When God had Moses lead the children of Israel out of Egypt he was already thinking about you and about me. The story of the Passover and the Passover Lamb is the story of God rescuing His people from bondage in Egypt. Today God through His Son Jesus Christ is rescuing all of us if we will put our faith and trust in His Word. In the book of Exodus God told the people to apply the blood of a lamb, a lamb that was without defects to the top of their door and to the sides of the door of their homes and if they applied the blood then their house would be passed over by the angel of death (the destroyer) and no one would die in their home. Those that did not apply the blood to their doorposts like God had instructed would experience the death of their oldest son.

That night of the Passover every home in Egypt experienced the judgment of God because when the destroyer passed over he did not see the blood on the doorposts as God had said.

God says in 1Corinthians 5:7 “For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed” and in

Ephesians 1:7 He says, “Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people - free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free!”

Application

The blood of Jesus Christ has set me free from sin and because of that today I enjoy a special relationship with Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that you allowed me to be born at this time in history and I am so glad that I wasn’t born during the time of Moses. The children of Israel always wanted to go back to Egypt every time things got rough. Help me never to go back to being a slave to any of the sins that enslaved me before I trusted in Christ. Don’t let me yield to sin’s temptation. I want to bring you Glory. It is my desire to honor you and not to bring you shame. Show me your will today so that I can do it. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: