Thursday, January 17, 2008

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice

Genesis 42; Genesis 43; Psalm 5; Luke 17
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 5

3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

Observation

I feel the excitement in this Psalm of King David don’t you! I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. When you prayed today is that how you felt after you prayed? Are you waiting in expectation on God to answer you this morning? What requests did you lay before him this morning? Do you believe He can answer you?

In Luke 17:6 Jesus says, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. Wow!

David must have had that kind of faith! We need to expectantly wait on the Lord to answer our requests!

Application

I will meditate on this verse today as I wait expectantly on the Lord to answer my requests!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as the disciples said in Luke 17 I say to you this morning, increase my faith. Help my unbelief. Give me the confidence of David this morning as I lay out my requests before you. Give me the faith that you talk about in Luke 17. Put on my heart requests that are part of your will so that when I pray I can expect you to answer them. Give me the ability or discernment to pray according to your will today. I pray for my children and my grandchildren today that they would be filled with your love for the people around them. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: