Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Enoch’s Walk!

Genesis 3; Genesis 4; Genesis 5; Luke 2
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Genesis 5

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. 24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Observation

I want to have a walk with the Lord like Enoch. He walked with God for 300 years and it was such an intimate walk that God decided to take him to Heaven. Enoch didn’t experience death; he was translated from this life to heaven just like that. Wow! I want a walk like that. It was a 300-year walk with the Lord. How did he maintain that close relationship? He didn’t have a Bible to guide him either. The world was evil too. Maybe not as evil as today, but it was still plenty evil. How did he do it? We don’t know. Yes, we do. He did it one day at a time, just like we have the opportunity to do.


Application

May I live my life so close to the Lord that He will be tempted to beam me on up to Heaven!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t know what made Enoch so special, but I want to be like him. I want that kind of walk with you. Lord, help me to walk today in obedience. Speak to me loud enough so I don’t miss your instruction. I desire this kind of relationship with you Lord. You are worthy of all praise! Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: