Thursday, January 10, 2008

What must I do to inherit eternal life?
Do You Know the Answer?

Genesis 25; Genesis 26; Psalm 6; Luke 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 10

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

Observation

Paul was asked the same question even though it was worded a little bit different in the book of Acts by someone when he was asked, “what must I do to be saved?” Do you remember the story? I asked some men in my accountability group that same question this morning at breakfast. I asked them to search the book of Acts and I asked them to come back next week with the answer. I will now ask you to do the same thing. If you know the answer why don’t you write me and let me know.

Application

Jesus surrounded himself with a small group of men and so did the apostle Paul. I am going to spend even more time mentoring men so they can live victorious lives and impact the lives of other men.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me the men that you want me to spend more time with and help me to challenge them spiritually. You have shown us in your Word how important it is to mentor other people. I thank you for the men that you brought into my life over the years, especially Charles Hartwig, Waylon Moore, and Hugh Roberts. Thank you for the guys in our Thursday morning accountability group Zane Edwards, Scott Harding, Sam Cull and Richard King. Father, bless these guys and bless their families. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reconciliation to God requires that we are perfect. Nothing less. Fortunately, such status is received from God the Father when we believe or agree with the work of salvation of his son, Jesus Christ. The suffering endured by Jesus Christ, while on the cross, was sufficient to satisfy God the Father's demand for justice regarding the penalty of all human sin, unlimited atonement. The work of salvation is complete. Anyone born of Adam is condemned already. Because all of us have sinned, there is nothing we can do to be reconciled and acceptable to God based on human good or "not sinning". Impossible. Even the disciples recognized this when they said, "...who then can be saved?". That is if God demands perfection, none of us can cut it. But, that's the whole point of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. He took care of sin, once and for all. Once we repent, that is to change our mind whereby we recognize the futility of pursuing self-righteousness, we are pointed to Jesus Christ, the end of the law, to obtain as a free gift what we were trying in vain to achieve through obedience to the law or any system of merit. Once we agree with or believe in the "gospel", we are condemned no more, pardoned. And, we are considered to be judicially perfect, even though we still sin in time.

Eddy Williams said...

Thanks! I can't believe that you took time to answer! Very good response too!

I asked Christ to be my Lord and my Savior when I was 19. I turned from sin and self and surrendered my life to him.

Thanks for commenting.

Eddy