Sunday, January 13, 2008

One Door and Only One and Yet The Sides are Two
I’m On The Inside on Which Side Are You


Genesis 31; Genesis 32; Genesis 33; Luke 13
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 13

The Narrow Door

22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23 Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"
He said to them, 24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'
"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
26 "Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27 "But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'
28 "There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."

Observation

Do you remember this song, “One door and only one and yet the sides are two I’m on the inside on which side are you?” Jesus was asked the question, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

Have you ever been in a huge crowd and looked around and thought, “I wonder how many of these people are saved?” You go to a football game and as you look through the stands have you ever wondered how many of the people around you have a personal relationship with Jesus? I have.

One of the most positive words ever shared by Jesus is found at the beginning of this chapter, the word “REPENT”. Jesus said two times in verses three and five that you and I must repent or we will perish. Have you repented of your sins and have you ever turned from your life of sin and self and turned to Jesus. At nineteen years of age I realized that I needed to repent and I needed to turn my life over to Christ. I did and He saved me. One door (Jesus) and only one and yet the sides are two I am on the inside on which side are you?


Application

I want to help someone see Jesus as the Door today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, so many around me don’t know your Son Jesus as their Savior. Don’t ever let me quit thinking about them and praying for them. I pray that people will be saved today as they hear your word preached in the many churches in our city. I pray that people would be saved in our church today. I pray for Ryan as he preaches today that you would empower him and use him in a mighty way. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: