Monday, January 28, 2008

The Joy of Giving and Receiving!

Exodus 21; Exodus 22; Psalm 12; Acts 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

The Believers Share Their Possessions

Acts 4

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.

Observation

I meet with for guys every Thursday morning for breakfast. We have been meeting together for over two years every Thursday. These guys are great friends. We have allowed ourselves to be accountable to each other. This past week I mentioned that I was going to buy a used bike rack and I had to drive over all the way over to Treasure Island to get it. One of the guys said, “don’t buy a bike rack I have one in my shed that I never use.” He called me up later that day and told me that he had taken the bike rack out of the shed and told me to come over and pick it up. While I was there he showed me a bicycle in the shed and told me to take that too. So I left his house with a bike rack and a bike and Kathy and I rode bikes on Friday afternoon.

As I left his house with my new found treasures I felt the love that was shared with me by my friend. I saw him Sunday and he asked me if we had used the bicycle yet and I got to tell him about our Friday bike ride. It made him very glad. And it was a joy for both of us. It was putting Acts 4:32 into action.


Application

I will be ready to give away something this week as the Lord opens the door.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for friends that you have brought into my life. Thank you for giving me brothers and sisters in Christ and allowing us to be one in heart and mind. The friend that shared with me this past week and gave me the bike rack and the bike I ask that you bless him and bless his family. Thank you for what happened at church yesterday Lord. I am very proud of our people. They did so good yesterday I hope that they caused you to Smile. Help me this week find someone to share with. Allow me to give something away so I can experience the joy it causes. You give us so much. You are always blessing us. Help me to be a blessing to someone else this week. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: