Saturday, January 19, 2008

Praise God in Loud Voices – A Glimpse of Heaven

Genesis 47; Genesis 48; Psalm 10; Luke 19
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 19

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"
40 "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Observation

Last night Kathy and I went to a concert and my head has still not recovered. It was awesome! It was LOUD! It was PRAISE!

I wonder if one of reasons that the Pharisees didn’t like all the people joyfully praising the Lord was the loudness of the praise! We don’t know! Last night when the group “Skillet” played I immediately told myself that the next concert I was bringing my earplugs. It was that loud! But I watched the kids around me, no I watched 8,000+ kids around me and even though I couldn’t even hear the words that were being sung all the kids knew the words and were singing all the songs. I don’t know how they learned the words (because they surely couldn’t have heard the words for the loudness of the music) but somehow they did.

On the last song that the group Mercy Me sang, and by the way that is the group I went to the concert to hear, on that last song Bart the band’s lead singer had all 8,000 sing a praise song with no music and without the band, just the crowd. It was awesome! It was beautiful and yes it too was loud! It was a glimpse of heaven!

Application

I will remember to bring my earplugs to the next concert, but I will not criticize LOUD!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are worthy of praise. Last night I believed that you smiled as you watched all of those young people sing praises to you. Over 400 of those teenagers made decisions to accept your offer of salvation. Help me not to have a critical heart about the way others want to give you praise. “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Drummer Chris said...

Amen! My wife had the same comment! She said if our son (who is now only 3) will be able to get kids to worship like that she has no problem playing music like that! As a drummer I couldn't keep my eyes off of Skillets drummer. She has just recently joined the band and is only 18! She was awesome!

Eddy Williams said...

Chris,

Thanks for writing! I am a Mercy Me fan myself. But the kids sure were fired up over Skillet! Eddy