Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hearts Grown Cold!

Genesis 23; Genesis 24; Luke 9
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 9

Who Will Be the Greatest

46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."
49 "Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us."
50 "Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."

Observation

I have no greater joy on Sunday mornings than to greet children as they come to church. There is no greater joy. Those children depend totally on their parents or their grandparents to get them to church.

I want to be the best pastor in the world to those kids and to their parents.

It is sad but some of those kids that I greet on Sunday will become skeptical and will become disillusioned about church because of the attitudes they catch from Dad and Mom.

Negative/critical remarks they hear from their parents about church or about the pastor or someone on the staff go deep into the heart of that child, but I intend to do my best to show them Christ ever time I am in their presence.


Application

It is my plan today to be the “Whoever” in verse 48!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you know my heart breaks over families that have allowed one thing or another from keeping them from attending church. It is a drift that soon has the family completely out of church. We are under attack. I don’t understand it. Lord, help our people grow strong in you. Give them the desire to be in your church. Help them live lives of joy lives of purpose and meaning. Bring revival to hearts today that have grown cold. Put on my heart those I need to encourage and those that I need to pray for. I love you Lord. Bless our church today. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: