Sunday, January 06, 2008

Don’t Hoard – Give It Away

Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 6

38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Observation

King David says in 1 Chronicles 29:11, “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.”

Everything we have belongs to God even our very lives and God says that we should give it away. I just read some statistics that said that we have over 1.8 billion square feet of stuff stored in the United States. We have hoarded up a whopping 1.8 billion square feet of stuff that is too valuable to get rid of even though it is stuff that we don’t even see and probably don’t even use.

God says we should be giving it away and not hoarding it. We should do what the Owner says to do with His stuff. We don't own it we have been allowed the privilege of being God's managers. The Owner of the stuff we are hoarding is telling us to give it to folks who need it.

In Luke 12:15 Jesus warns us about greed and tells the story of the rich man that wanted to hoard. He calls him a fool.

Application

Kathy and I plan to give more stuff away and keep a lot less.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to let go of my treasures so that my treasure will be in heaven. Help me to be more generous and less concerned about myself. It all belongs to you. I belong to you. You have blessed me with so much. Help me bless others with all the extra you have given me. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: