Sunday, January 27, 2008

Jesus, There is Just Something About That Name!

Exodus 17; Exodus 18; Exodus 19; Exodus 20; Acts 3
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 3

2 Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4 Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5 So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
6 Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7 Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God

16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

Observation

What does the name Jesus mean to you? Do you think of him as just a teacher, philosopher, or prophet that lived a long time ago? Or describe Him by saying, “some people think that He is God come down to earth to save all mankind.”

Or maybe you can say, “He is my Lord and my Savior.” He is the Great Physician. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Maybe you can say with confidence, “I was very sick and Jesus healed me.” Or maybe you could say, “I had a terrible tragedy happen in my life but Jesus helped me get through it.”

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there is just something about that Name! Call on Him today. Call on Him by his powerful Name – Jesus!


Application

Walking, jumping and praising God today because of Jesus!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have enjoyed talking with you this morning. I am able to come to your throne because of Jesus. It is in his Name, in the authority of His Name that I can come boldly to your throne. Today is a big day at church. I pray that people will cry out to you today and be saved. I also pray that our people will commit to give sacrificially today to support our Global Evangelization Offering. Do a mighty work today in our church so that you will be glorified. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: