Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don’t Worry!

1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 6

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Observation

There always seems plenty to worry about but if we spend our time worrying it shows we don’t trust our heavenly Father to provide for us. The promise here is huge: “If we seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, He will give us everything we need.”

Our Heavenly Father already knows what we need and He is committed to taking care of our needs if we will just put Him first.

Do I even need to mention that there is a huge difference between our needs and our wants? He doesn’t say that He would provide for all of our wants, but I believe that if we are putting Him first then our wants would even be in line with His will for us.

Application

I will make sure that I am seeking His Kingdom above everything else today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me what You want me to focus on today. May my thoughts be Your thoughts. Help me to seek Your Kingdom first today. Thank You for providing so much for me and my family. Thank You for being so good to us. We do not lack one thing. We are so blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: