Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Partners In The Gospel … It’s All About Working Together!

1 Samuel 3; 1 Samuel 4; 1 Samuel 5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

16 But thank God! He has given Titus the same enthusiasm for you that I have. 17 Titus welcomed our request that he visit you again. In fact, he himself was very eager to go and see you. 18 We are also sending another brother with Titus. All the churches praise him as a preacher of the Good News. 19 He was appointed by the churches to accompany us as we take the offering to Jerusalem—a service that glorifies the Lord and shows our eagerness to help.

20 We are traveling together to guard against any criticism for the way we are handling this generous gift. 21 We are careful to be honorable before the Lord, but we also want everyone else to see that we are honorable.

22 We are also sending with them another of our brothers who has proven himself many times and has shown on many occasions how eager he is. He is now even more enthusiastic because of his great confidence in you. 23 If anyone asks about Titus, say that he is my partner who works with me to help you. And the brothers with him have been sent by the churches, and they bring honor to Christ. 24 So show them your love, and prove to all the churches that our boasting about you is justified.

Observation

Titus and Paul were partners! Who are you partnering with to extend the kingdom of God? The Christian life is all about partnerships. It is all about working together. Have you ever taken time to list how many people the Apostle Paul partnered with as he went on his missionary journeys. Titus is just one of them. How about Timothy, Barnabas, Silas, and John Mark? How many more can you name that were always partnering with him? There are so many more people that we could name that co-labored with Paul.

God doesn’t want us to be Lone Rangers as we live out our Christian faith, no He wants us to partner with people so that many more can be reached for Christ.
First Baptist Church of Brandon has made a commitment to partner with our church. Dr. Tommy Green is my partner in the Gospel. What an encouragement it is to me to know that Tommy and First Brandon would want to partner with us.

You can pick up on Paul’s enthusiasm as he writes this chapter and talks about his ministry partner Titus.

“But thank God! He has given Titus the same enthusiasm for you that I have. Titus welcomed our request that he visit you again. In fact, he himself was very eager to go and see you.”

Application

I will pray and thank God for my partners that serve alongside of me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have encouraged me by bringing men and an entire church to come alongside me and alongside of our church to help us serve You. You are a Mighty God. May I be found faithful and I pray that You help me be a good partner in this Gospel ministry. Bless those that serve with me. Help me to be a blessing to them. I pray for First Baptist Brandon that You bless them that You prosper them, so that they can continue to help churches like ours that need for them to come alongside to give them some encouragement.

I pray for Kathy, for her Mom, and for her family that You take care of all of them. Be glorified through Kathy’s Mom sickness. I pray that You heal her or that You take her home. She is in Your Hands! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: