Friday, April 24, 2009

Is Life Getting You Down? Come to Jesus…

1 Samuel 28; 1 Samuel 29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

Are you overwhelmed by life today? What is happening to our country is enough to weigh us all down. Maybe you are out of work, behind financially, dealing with sickness, or experiencing trouble in your relationships. Maybe all the joy has been sucked right out of you because your burdens are so heavy.

Then here is the answer: Team up with Jesus! Jesus says, “For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” So if you and I are carrying heavy burdens today then we need to team up with Jesus.

Application

I will roll off my burdens on the Lord today.

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Isaiah 55:22

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Psalm 42:11

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You never intended for Your children to carry their burdens alone. I am rolling my burdens over to You today. I am coming to Jesus today with all of my concerns, with all my burdens. Thank You for Your supernatural strength and Your awesome power that will sustain me. Help me to wait on You so You can renew my strength; So I can mount up with wings like eagles, so I will run and not be weary, so I will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31). Amen

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: