Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Don’t Have Enough Faith!

2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 17

14 At the foot of the mountain, a large crowd was waiting for them. A man came and knelt before Jesus and said, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son. He has seizures and suffers terribly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 So I brought him to your disciples, but they couldn’t heal him.”

17 Jesus said, “You faithless and corrupt people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18 Then Jesus rebuked the demon in the boy, and it left him. From that moment the boy was well.

19 Afterward the disciples asked Jesus privately, “Why couldn’t we cast out that demon?”

20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.

Observation

Even Jesus must have a limit to His patience because it seems like He is about to lose it with His disciples …or was He?

It was a teaching moment. Jesus got their attention! He was very patient with His disciples. He taught them some of the same lessons over and over again just like He does with us.

What is He trying to teach you today? I was reminded early this morning as I met with a group of men from our church that God can work in anybody’s life. Nothing is impossible.

One of the guys that has started meeting with us told me this morning that he had accepted Christ last Thursday after we had met together. He told me that he has been reading his Bible in the morning and in the evening. It is so neat to hear him say that Jesus is Lord of his life.

Application

I will not give up on guys just because they don’t have much faith!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You must get frustrated with me a lot. Help me to be patient with guys that frustrate me because of their lack of faith or their lack of commitment to spiritual things.

Thank you for the guys that meet on Thursdays. Thank you for what you are doing in their lives. You are amazing. It is incredible to see how they are growing. Bless them. I pray that you provide for them and for their families during this difficult time. Show them that they can trust in you! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: