Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heart Problem

2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 15

19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander.

Observation

Garbage in, Garbage out … so goes the condition of our hearts! That is why it is so important to wake up in the morning and go immediately to God’s Word and start the day with a full course meal. And then we should guard our hearts the rest of the day. When you get home from work don’t drop down in front of the television and watch one load of garbage right after the other and expect to have a clean heart.

Application

I will guard my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to be like the Pharisees putting on a good front on the outside but living a lie. Help me not to sin. Help me to watch what goes into my heart. Give me the strength to not watch stuff that is not good. Give me an even greater love for Your Word. Help me to meditate on Your Word today. Thank you for the opportunity to talk to people yesterday about Jesus. I pray for Chip, Charles, and Becky that all three of these folks would say “yes” to you and that they would be saved. I pray for Equilla that prayed to receive Christ yesterday I pray that she grow in her faith and that she would find a church that would help her grow.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: