Monday, May 11, 2009

Are You Burdened Down?

2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 55

22 Give your burdens to the LORD,
and he will take care of you.
He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

Observation

What are you supposed to do with burdens? All of us have burdens and sometimes the weight of those burdens become so heavy that we don’t have the energy to keep on going especially on Monday mornings. Did you wake up during the night thinking about something that has you bummed out and burdened down? Give it to the Lord. Don’t carry it all day today. Give it to the Lord right now and He will take care of you.

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22 (KJV)

Pile your troubles on God's shoulders— he'll carry your load, he'll help you out. He'll never let good people topple into ruin. Psalm 55:22 (Message)

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30

Application

I am casting my burdens on the Lord today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for offering to take my burdens and offering to help me. I accept Your offer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: