Sunday, May 03, 2009

Jesus is Still Asking, “What Do You Want Me to Do For You?”

2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 20

29 As Jesus and the disciples left the town of Jericho, a large crowd followed behind. 30 Two blind men were sitting beside the road. When they heard that Jesus was coming that way, they began shouting, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”

31 “Be quiet!” the crowd yelled at them.

But they only shouted louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!”
32 When Jesus heard them, he stopped and called, “What do you want me to do for you?”

33 “Lord,” they said, “we want to see!” 34 Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes. Instantly they could see! Then they followed him.

Observation

These two blind men were smart. They were calling out for help from the only person that could open their eyes. What do you need for Jesus to do for you? Humble yourself and ask Him. He is waiting for you to call out to Him. All of us need help so what is it that you need for Jesus to do for you?

He is my help. I am constantly calling on Him to help me. This morning as soon as I woke up I began to ask Him to help me.

Pride is the only thing that keeps us from getting help. Trying to do everything on our own and not call on Him for help is nothing more than pride and it is also very stupid.

Application

I will continue to call on Him for help all day today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are so many places where I have been blinded and I need Your help to be able to see clearly. Help me today as I lead Your people. I pray for people to be saved today and I pray that lives will be changed during our worship service. Be glorified in Your church today. I pray that people will come expecting to meet You. Thank You for being my God and my Savior. You are worthy of praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: