Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Joy … Joy …Joy!

2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalm 30; 1 Thessalonians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 30

4 Sing to the LORD, all you godly ones!
Praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

Observation

Joy is one of those imperishable seeds that God plants in the hearts of those that follow Him. Yes, there will be sorrow and sadness, but it will only last for a time then joy will come like every sunrise.

There is something special about mornings isn’t there. It is always a new day when you wake up in the morning. The joy of the Lord is our strength! God is always willing to start over with us. Each new day is full of God’s promises.

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Ps. 16:11

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Ps. 28:7

Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. Ps. 47:1

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Ps. 90:14

For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 1 Th. 2:19

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 5:4

Application

J.O.Y. = Jesus First, Others Second, Yourself Last
I will put Jesus first today; others second, and myself last because I want to experience God’s joy!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep You first today, others second, and myself last!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: