Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 19; 1 Chronicles 20; Psalm 20; Matthew 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 22

41 Then, surrounded by the Pharisees, Jesus asked them a question: 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
They replied, “He is the son of David.”

43 Jesus responded, “Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Spirit, call the Messiah ‘my Lord’? For David said,

44 ‘The LORD said to my Lord,
Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.’

45 Since David called the Messiah ‘my Lord,’ how can the Messiah be his son?”

46 No one could answer him. And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Observation

The Pharisees could never hear Jesus well enough to understand what He was saying. Others in the crowd could understand Him but most of the Pharisees just were never able to really hear Him.

We hear God clearly when we allow Him to be on the throne of our lives. The Pharisees were not willing to do that and so they could not hear the message of Christ. The Messiah was the Son of God. The Messiah was Jesus God Himself come down from Heaven as Man, but the Pharisees did have the spiritual understanding to see the Truth.

God is speaking to us all the time but we don’t always hear Him because we are not in the right position to be able to hear Him. Andy Stanley shared last night on video during our small group time that we need to move off the center of our lives and allow God to be in the center.

When God is at the center of our lives then we will not have a problem hearing Him. When we are able to say “Yes Lord” before we even hear the question or the command then we are in the position to hear from God. “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done…” When we are able to sincerely say, “Thy will be done” then and only then will we be able to hear God’s voice clearly.

Application

I will allow God to be at the center of my life so I can hear Him clearly when He speaks.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I surrender my life to You. I want You to take center stage in my life. It is my desire for You to be number One today in my life. Help me not to allow anything else to take Your place. I want to hear Your voice clearly today as You speak to me. Guide me in everything that I do. Help me be totally obedient to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: