Sunday, May 10, 2009

But When I Am Afraid I Will…

2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 56

3 But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

Observation

What makes you afraid? What do you do when you are afraid? David was afraid and evidently was struck with fear a lot, but he knew what to do with his fear.

What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of dying, or maybe your financial situation has struck fear into your heart, or maybe you afraid of losing someone that you are in a relationship with, or maybe you are afraid of failing. What should you do when you are afraid? David tells us what he did; he put his trust in God.

David had people always trying to kill him and he admitted that it sometimes made him afraid. So when he was afraid he trusted in God. He also praised God and trusted in God’s promises and that is exactly what we should do too.

Application

I will trust God and all His promises when I am afraid.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I will praise You for Your promises. I will trust in You, and have no reason to be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

I pray for all Moms today on Mother’s Day. I especially pray for Kathy and her Mom. I pray that You give them both strength today. Touch Kathy’s Mom with health and help her to get well enough to communicate with us. Give Kathy and her brothers and sisters strength to be able to take care of their Mom.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: