Friday, May 08, 2009

You Are My Hiding Place

2 Samuel 15; 2 Samuel 16; Psalm 32; Matthew 25
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 32

7 For you are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.

Observation

Have you ever noticed how much of King David’s life was spent in hiding from his enemies? A good portion of his life was spent hiding from King Saul and then from his son Absalom. Through all of this he learned that his true hiding place was with the Lord.

Have you gone through the Psalms and looked for where David described God as his protector. He described God as his rock, his fortress, and his shield just to name a few. I am sure that you could go on and on with the list because there are many more words that David used to describe God’s protection.

Is God your hiding place? Are you under the protection of His wings? If not why don’t you humble yourself and go to Him right now and ask Him to be your protector.

How foolish not to call on Him when He tells us, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

and He says,

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God” Isaiah 43:1-4


Application

I will allow God to be my hiding place today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are my hiding place you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory. Amen

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: