Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Light and Joy …Darkness and Sadness!

1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalm 97; Romans 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 97

11 Light shines on the godly,
and joy on those whose hearts are right.

Observation

It was about 6:30 or 6:45 this morning when I started reading and I looked up and Kathy had already raised the blinds on the windows. She has to have the windows open to let that sunlight come in. She can’t stand a dark house and neither can I. I have visited folks in their homes that complain about being depressed and it is so dark in their house that I leave depressed too! Let the sunshine in!

It rained all day yesterday and it was a gloomy day. We need the rain so I am not complaining, but when the sun has a chance to shine it sure makes you feel a lot better.

When we allow the Son (not sun) to shine into our hearts He brings joy. He is the true light that we need. When our hearts are right, when we are not holding on to sin then we can experience true joy. So open up the windows of your heart today and let the Son light shine in!

Application

I will let my light so shine before men that they may see my good works and glorify the Father, which is in heaven. Matt. 5:16

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me direct someone to the Son light today!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: