Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lesson in Prayer

1 Chronicles 22; 1 Chronicles 23; 1 Chronicles 24; 1 Thessalonians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 3

9 How we thank God for you! Because of you we have great joy as we enter God’s presence. 10 Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.

Observation

Are most of your prayers selfish and concern mainly you and only your own needs? Paul spent most of his prayer time it seems praying for those that he had won to Christ and other believers. I don’t think he had much time to be self-centered. Why was it so important for Paul to pray for other believers? How much of our prayer time should be set aside to pray for others? From the example that Paul gives us we see that intercessory prayer is our biggest task. How much time have you spent this week praying for others?

Application

I will spend more time praying for others this week than myself.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to come to You on the behalf of others. Thank You for hearing me as I pray for them and thank You for working in their lives. I pray for Martha Floyd today and I ask that You heal her. I pray for my pastor friends Michael Miller, Tim Encinosa, Greg Floyd, and Jeff Holley and I ask that You give them the desires of their hearts, that You answer their prayers, and that You make their plans successful. I pray for Kathy that You give her strength and energy for this day and help her as she takes care of her mom.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: