Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sin will be rampant everywhere! National Day of Prayer

2 Samuel 13; 2 Samuel 14; Matthew 24
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 24

12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.

Observation

It seems like sin is out of control. This week we have witnessed horrendous crimes, a few months old baby being thrown out of a car on the interstate to its death, a father shooting his five month old child, his seven year old, his wife, and chasing down his thirteen year old son but failing to kill him, and then to only kill himself. These crimes were just a few that happened this week in the Tampa Bay area. Sin is rampant; it seems out of control.

Today is the day of National Prayer. Our country needs prayer like never before. I understand that our President has decided not to support this call to prayer. It is just another sign of how bad things have become.

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land. 2 Chronicles. 7:14

Maybe our President needs to read and take heed to 2 Chronicles 7:14!

Application

I will pray for our country today that God will have mercy on us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we are so far away from You as a Nation. I know it must break Your heart. The terrible crimes that are being committed in our streets just shows us that sin is completely out of control. I pray for our nation. I pray that You would have mercy on us. I pray that You would call out godly leadership to guide us strong men and women of God that would call us to repentance. I pray that our nation would turn back to You and seek Your face.

I pray for our President and his family. Turn his heart towards You. Help him to make wise decisions. Give him the wisdom he needs for guiding our nation. Surround him with godly men that will help him lead and keep him from leading us further away from You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: