Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is Your Name Written in the Book of Life?

Ezekiel 38; Ezekiel 39; Psalm 145; Revelation 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 20

The Final Judgment

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.

13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Observation

If God asked you, “Why should I let you into My heaven?” What would you say to Him? One of the correct answers that you possibly could answer Him might be, because my name is written in the Book of Life!

Is your name written in the Book of Life? How does one get their name written in this very important book you ask? There is only one-way … only one.


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6


"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24


Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- John 1:12


That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10] For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. [11] As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." [12] For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, [13] for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:9-13


he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, [6] whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, Titus 3:5-6


Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12


And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. [13] I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Application

I will review my scripture memory verses today especially those I use in witnessing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You that my name is written in the Book of Life, but help me bring others to Christ so they might experience Eternal life too. Give me a burden for the people around me that don’t know You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: