Friday, September 11, 2009

Here Is a Gentle Reminder That God is in Control!

Daniel 1; Daniel 2; Revelation 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Daniel 2

“Praise the name of God forever and ever,
for he has all wisdom and power.
21 He controls the course of world events;
he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the scholars.
22 He reveals deep and mysterious things
and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
though he is surrounded by light.
23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors,
for you have given me wisdom and strength.

Observation

Does it seem like our country is spinning out of control? It does to me. It is helpful to go to God’s Word and be reminded that God is in control and He controls the course of world events! He removes kings (and presidents) and sets up other kings (and presidents). He is in control.

Application

I will not fret over what is happening to our country, but I will also not be quiet about it! God expects us to uphold righteousness and protect and value life. He expects us to fight against corruption and evil and to fight for what is right. But it is very good to know that ultimately God is in control.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to know what to oppose and what to support. Help me to pray for the leaders of our government. I pray today that you give our president godly wisdom and keep him from evil. I pray that our country would repent and turn back to You so we don’t have to experience Your wrath and punishment. Give me wisdom and strength to serve You today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: