Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Need A Guide?

Jeremiah 42; Jeremiah 43; Jeremiah 44; Psalm 48; Revelation 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 48

9 O God, we meditate on your unfailing love
as we worship in your Temple.

10 As your name deserves, O God,
you will be praised to the ends of the earth.
Your strong right hand is filled with victory.

11 Let the people on Mount Zion rejoice.
Let all the towns of Judah be glad
because of your justice.

12 Go, inspect the city of Jerusalem.
Walk around and count the many towers.

13 Take note of the fortified walls,
and tour all the citadels,
that you may describe them
to future generations.

14 For that is what God is like.
He is our God forever and ever,
and he will guide us until we die.

Observation

What is our God like? He is like the fortified city of Jerusalem only way better. He is our God forever and ever and He will guide us until we die.

In today’s Bible reading in Jeremiah the people had made the decision to reject the Lord and worship someone that they called the “Queen of Heaven” and in Revelation 13 we find the people of this world worshiping the “Anti Christ”, but in Psalm 48 we see where our worship should be focused, “O God, we meditate on your unfailing love as we worship in your Temple. As your name deserves, O God, you will be praised to the ends of the earth. Your strong right hand is filled with victory.”

You and I have the opportunity to worship many wrong things, but I am worshiping the God that will be my God forever and ever and Who is going to guide me until I die. How about you?

Application

Today I choose to worship You God and You alone.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am amazed when I read about how your people during the time of Jeremiah could reject You and call on someone that they called “Queen of Heaven”. But I look around today and see how people follow all kinds of false gods so it shouldn’t surprise me. Help me lead people to the saving knowledge of your Good News. Give me the opportunity to be your witness today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: