Saturday, September 05, 2009

Restoration for Israel

Ezekiel 25; Ezekiel 26; Ezekiel 27; Ezekiel 28; Revelation 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Ezekiel 28

Restoration for Israel

25 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The people of Israel will again live in their own land, the land I gave my servant Jacob. For I will gather them from the distant lands where I have scattered them. I will reveal to the nations of the world my holiness among my people. 26 They will live safely in Israel and build homes and plant vineyards. And when I punish the neighboring nations that treated them with contempt, they will know that I am the LORD their God.”

Observation

Israel seems to have seen the fulfillment of this prophecy. They are a nation once again and they do seem to have God’s protection as they live completely surrounded by enemy nations.

The message to me as I read about Israel is that we serve a jealous God and He does not want us worshiping idols or anything else that would take His place. There is always the danger of letting things move into that God made place in our hearts. There is a place in the heart of man designed for only God and yet we constantly are tempted to yield that special place to something or someone else.

1 John 5:21
Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
[6] in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


Application

I will make sure that nothing is filling the place reserved for God in my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I read about Israel and I think how could they have been so stupid and then I see how easy it is for me to allow things to come into my life and mess up our relationship. Keep me from sin. Don’t let me drift and let things come into my heart that would take Your place. Help me trust You with all my heart. Help me not to lean on my own understanding and keep me on Your straight path for my life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: