Thursday, September 10, 2009

“The LORD is my inheritance”

Lamentations 3; Lamentations 4; Lamentations 5; Revelation 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Lamentations 3

22 The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.

23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.

24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

25 The LORD is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.

Observation

Yesterday I read this passage to the Tampa City Council at their City Council meeting. I had the opportunity to pray at the meeting as they started their day. I emphasized verse 25 as a verse they should remember; “The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.” It has been so sad reading through the prophets at how God punished Israel and Judah because they no longer depended on the Lord. They rejected God and prayed to the Queen of Heaven. How sad! There is no Queen of Heaven. Heaven only has a King and He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Our government, those that lead us, better depend on the Lord or we are in big trouble as a nation. The President is not a savior. We have a Savior that we should depend on and it is not the leader of our country. Yes, we should pray for our President and the people in leadership throughout our government we should pray that they seek the Lord with all their heart and with all their soul and that they should depend on Him to guide them.

Application

The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in him!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You my inheritance; therefore I will hope in You! You are good to those who depend on You, so I will always search for You. Your faithful love never ends! Your mercies never cease. Great is Your faithfulness; Your mercies begin afresh each morning. You are all that I need. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: