Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What You Say Flows From What is in Your Heart!

Daniel 11; Daniel 12; Luke 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 6

43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

I wish that this scripture didn’t say that what you say flows from what is in your heart! But I have to admit that it is very true.

Sometimes I would like to think that when something really bad comes out of my mouth and it hurts someone that I could make an excuse and say that it wasn’t me that hurt the person, but I know how evil my heart can be.

Have you been surprised by what terrible stuff has come out of your mouth lately? It comes from your heart. Yes, you did mean it. And yes, you are just as bad as you sounded. Our hearts are desperately wicked and deceitful above all things.

So we need to stay in God’s Word everyday. We can afford to run or lead on empty. We must take time to drink from the spring of living water so something good will come out instead of something bad and offensive.

Application

I will be in God’s Word everyday because I need to be filled up with Him. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, fill me with Your Holy Spirit. It is my desire for Your Holy Spirit to have complete control of my life right now. As I go up to church I pray that people would hear from me only what comes from a clean heart. I pray for so many people that are struggling with relationships and floundering in their walk with You. Help them to walk in obedience. Give them victory over sin! Amen

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: