Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We Don’t Deserve God’s Help! He Is a God of Mercy…

Daniel 9; Daniel 10; Psalm 123; Luke 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Daniel 9

We make this plea, not because we deserve help, but because of your mercy.

19 “O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, listen and act! For your own sake, do not delay, O my God, for your people and your city bear your name.”

Observation

As you pray to God this morning I hope that you realize that you don’t deserve God’s help … neither do I. God does not respond to our prayers because we deserve it … no He responds because He is a God of mercy.

We need to pray like Daniel prayed if we want God to respond to our requests.

Did you notice that God answered Daniel immediately but Gabriel got caught in a spiritual battle in the spiritual realms and was kept from reaching Daniel with God’s answer for twenty-one days? He even had to have the help of the archangel Michael to get free so he could deliver the message. The Bible is a fascinating book isn’t it!

19 “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”

Application

When I pray I need to remind myself that God is not going to answer me because I deserve it, but He will answer me because of Who He is. He is a God of mercy.

Prayer

“O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill your covenant and keep your promises of unfailing love to those who love you and obey your commands.”

I know that I am very precious to You not because I deserve it, but because of Your tender mercies. You love me even though I am a sinner. You are an awesome God! Thank You for loving me. Thank You for hearing my prayers.

“O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, listen and act! For your own sake, do not delay, O my God” Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: