Friday, September 25, 2009

“So pay attention to how you hear”

Ezra 2; Ezra 3; Luke 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 8

18 “So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them.”

Observation

How do we hear Jesus today? The best way I know is to read the Bible everyday. I read through the passages very quickly this morning and that is not how to hear His voice. Kathy gets on to me for half reading emails that people send us because I miss the main part of what someone is trying to tell us in the message. God’s Word is a lot more important than someone’s email.

Speed-reading has its disadvantages especially when it comes to reading God's Word.


Application

I will try to slow down and pay attention to what I read in God’s Word.

But I will still speed read the emails and count on Kathy to catch the stuff I miss!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love Your Word. I look forward to reading it everyday. Help me to slow down and pay attention so I will understand more of what You are trying to tell me. Thank You for speaking to me through Your Word.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: