Monday, September 21, 2009

It is my privilege to pray for you!

Daniel 7; Daniel 8; Psalm 137; Luke 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 4

18 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon me,
for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.

He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
that the blind will see,

that the oppressed will be set free,

19 and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come.

Observation

Someone has said that the reason that the poor are so responsive to the Gospel is that the Gospel is Good News and the poor don’t get very much good news! He has been sent to this earth to set the captives free.

The blind will see and the oppressed will be set free.

Has Jesus done that in your life? Have you been set free? Were you spiritually blind and now you can see?

Let me encourage you not to give up praying for the people in your sphere of influence. Don’t quit praying for God to work in their lives. It is the most important work we have been given to do while we are here on this earth. So pray, pray, pray!

Application

I will pray for every person that the Lord brings to my mind.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the job of intercession. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. I don’t deserve the privilege of talking to You and to think that You even want to listen to me is amazing. Thank You for what You are doing in the lives of those that I am praying for. I do give You thanks! You are a Mighty God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: