Sunday, February 20, 2011

Are You Content?

Numbers 7; Psalm 23; Acts 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Are You Content?

Scripture

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

Observation

Can you say with the Psalmist that the Lord is your Shepherd and you have everything that you need? Are you content with what you have? If you are a Christ Follower then knowing how to be content is super important. Whether we have plenty or whether we have little we should be content. God knows exactly what we need and He promises to meet our needs...not our wants.

Discontentment happens when our focus shifts to our wants and off of seeking what God wants.

Application

I am going to thank God for everything that I have. I am content.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me focus on things that are not on Your heart. In fact, do not let me focus on things period. Help me focus on people and reaching them for You. Put on my heart people that I need to pray for. Give me a grateful heart. You are my shepherd, I lack nothing.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: