Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Is This Man?

Numbers 17; Numbers 18; Psalm 29; Mark 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Who Is This Man?

Scripture

Mark 4

41 The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”

Observation

I love this story. Jesus sleeping while the water is pouring into the boat. The disciples didn't realize at this point in their journey exactly Who they had with them in the boat. If they had realized Who was in the boat with them they too could have been asleep instead of being terrified of the storm around them. They were never in danger of sinking. Jesus was in control.

He gently rebuked their lack of faith and then He immediately spoke and calmed the wind and the seas. Do you understand what kind of miracle this was? The seas were so high that they were crashing over and down into the boat. Jesus spoke and immediately, instantly the seas were calm.

This does not happen except through Divine intervention. It would have taken a long time for the seas to calm down even if the wind immediately stopped blowing. The waves were set in motion and it would have been rough for hours. Jesus had to command the seas to also stop in their tracks. The disciples knew that what happened was impossible except for Divine intervention. They realized that they were in the presence of God Himself!


Application

Storms come into our lives to allow us to look up to the One who loves to calm the seas. He is the Prince of Peace. He is the Great Shepherd. He leads us by quiet waters. He restores my soul. I will trust Him today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that I love this story. I love the ocean. I love seeing Your Mighty power in storms and I marvel at Your awesome majesty. Thank You for allowing me to know You in a personal way. Thank You for giving me the privilege to call You my Father. I put my trust in You today. Thank You for allowing me to be one of Your disciples.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: