Friday, February 18, 2011

First Born

Numbers 3; Numbers 4; Acts 25
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


First Born

Scripture

Numbers 3

13 for all the firstborn are mine. When I struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, I set apart for myself every firstborn in Israel, whether human or animal. They are to be mine. I am the LORD.”

Observation

Are you the firstborn male in your family? I am. I believe that because I am first born that God has a special claim on my life. It may all be in my head, but I believe that being the first born male carrys with it a higher degree of responsibility to the Lord. Of course, whether we commit ourselves to the Lord depends on us whether we are first born or not and whether we are blessed by God the way He wants to bless us depends on our surrender to Him.

It is amazing that God cares so much for us anyway! It is truly amazing. We don't deserve it. No matter who you are nobody deserves the love that God pours out on us.

Application

I recognize that I belong to the Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out the relationship that I have with You in a way that brings You joy. Don't let me yield to sin today. I am Yours.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: