Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A Serious Prayer For The Lost!

Exodus 30; Exodus 31; Exodus 32; Acts 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


A Serious Prayer For The Lost!

Scripture

Exodus 32

32 But now, if you will only forgive their sin—but if not, erase my name from the record you have written!”

Observation

How much are you willing to lose so that others can find Christ? Moses was willing to give up his salvation for the salvation of his fellow Israelites. They were stubborn and disobedient, but Moses cried out to God pleading with God that He not destroy them. What are you willing to give up? What am I willing to forfeit so others hear about Jesus?

Jesus promises to bless those that leave family, friends, houses etc. to follow Him. The cost is worth it. It is easy to get too comfortable and to get to a place where we are not willing to sacrifice.

In this situation Moses set the bar high for how we should intercede for the people around us. These are the same people that wanted to stone Moses. The same people that had already rebelled and talked about replacing Moses yet Moses still was willing to give up his very soul for them. Hmm…what are we willing to sacrifice?

Application

I will sacrifice my time, my money and my comfort to see others come to Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I don’t feel like reaching out to others would You remind me that my calling is to do just that. Help me to keep my focus off of myself and on the well being of others. Give me Your heart for people today. Help me to love them like You love them. I pray that Your hand continues to be on our church. Thank You for what You did this past Sunday. You are Mighty to save!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: