Monday, January 31, 2011

Can You See Him?

Exodus 28; Exodus 29; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Can You See Him?

Scripture

Acts 7

55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”

Observation

Stephen did not let his gaze focus on those that wanted to kill him. He looked past them to Jesus. We must look past those that want to harm us and look to Jesus. Our circumstances will never be what they should be. Someone told me once, “Nothing is as bad as it looks and nothing is as good as it seems.” I don’t totally agree with the statement because I have found that sometimes things are really as bad as they look!

Regardless of our circumstances we must see Jesus! Can you see Him today? Look beyond your messed up circumstances and focus on His promises. Put Him first today and He will get you through no matter what mess you find yourself in.

Application

I will glance at my circumstances today and I will fix my gaze on Jesus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me Stephen’s faith in You and Your word today. Even as they were stoning him he asked You to forgive them. Give me that kind of heart.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: