Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pray, Pray, Pray



Pray, Pray, Pray

Scripture

Luke 11

9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds and to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Observation

Do you understand why you should keep on asking, keep on seeking, and keep on knocking in prayer? Because God will answer if you do that’s why! The example Jesus uses is that of a neighbor that you go to in the middle of the night to ask him if you can borrow some loaves of bread to feed some hungry guests that just arrived at your home. The neighbor is in bed and doesn’t want to get up and lend you the bread, but finally does because you keep knocking on the door until he finally gives in. God is not like the neighbor He gladly wants to give you what you are asking for so continue to ask Him, continue to seek, continue to knock, He is just holding back to build your trust not because He is mean or stingy. He has given us all spiritual blessings! The word “all” is the important word in that last sentence.
If there is something that we are lacking then it is because God is holding it back for our good not because He wants to be mean to us.

So keep on asking, keep in seeking, and keep on knocking!

Application

I will continue to ask, I will continue to seek, I will continue to knock knowing that my God loves me and wants to bless me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray to You this morning whose promises are all “yes”. Thank You for blessing me so much. Help me to understand how Your kingdom works. Help me to trust You. I want to continue to trust in You for prayers that have not yet been answered. I pray for You to do a Mighty work in our church. I pray for men and women to be saved. Thank You for moving in the hearts of so many people over the past few weeks. You are Mighty to save. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: