Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jesus Came To This Earth to Seek and Save Those Who Are Lost

Genesis 47; Genesis 48; Psalm 10; Luke 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Jesus Came To This Earth to Seek and Save Those Who Are Lost

Scripture

Luke 19

10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”

Observation

It is so easy for us to forget the main thing. At least it is for me. Nothing should come ahead of people making decisions for Christ. Nothing! But it is so easy for everything to crowd in to the point where it is no longer the main thing. Is it the main thing in your life today? Does it occupy my thoughts and my prayers? Am I praying for people and asking God to save them. Am I sharing my faith? Lost people are the main thing.

Quite a few people made comments about the lack of decoration in our sanctuary (we are doing some revamping and sprucing up) and evidently that was the focus of much of the conversation after church. I wonder how much time was spent talking about the decisions that are being made each week at church and I wonder if any of those folks concerned about the décor of the room take time to talk to those that made decisions for Christ. It is so easy to major on minor stuff. It is our human nature to do so.

Application

I will focus today on keeping the main thing the main thing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me think more about seeing people come to Christ than anything else. Don’t let me lose focus of what is really important. Guide me to people who are open to Your Gospel.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: