Thursday, January 06, 2011

Are You Too Old? Never!

Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Are You Too Old? Never!

Scripture

Genesis 17

15 Then God said to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife—her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah. 16 And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations. Kings of nations will be among her descendants.”

17 Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?”

Observation

Do you feel like you are too old for God to use you? Abraham felt like he and his wife were too old to be able to still receive God’s promise of a son. It was humanly impossible for them to have a son Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 99. But with God nothing is impossible and they did have their son just like God promised. God keeps his promises. Don’t believe the Devil’s lie that you are too old or maybe even that you are too young if God has promised it He can come through and deliver.
All of God’s promises are “Yes”.

What do you have going on in your life that seems impossible? I would suggest that you talk to the Lord about it and never quit praying … never!

Application

I refuse to believe the Devil’s lie that I am too old. Life is an adventure and I love its challenges.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, somehow it seems that people tend to write off people was they get older. I don’t believe that is something that comes from You. You seem to work best with people when they reach a ripe old age like 100 for Abraham, 80 for Moses, and 600 years old for Noah. So I think it is definitely not too late for You to use me in a powerful way if I will just continue to walk in obedience with You. Help me to do just that today. You are Mighty. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: