Friday, January 28, 2011

Only Jesus Saves

Exodus 21; Exodus 22; Psalm 12; Acts 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Only Jesus Saves

Scripture

Acts 4:12

12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

Observation

This week I had a person that responded to my blog this past Wednesday, Jan. 26th and said that he or she was a Muslim. The statement was made by this person that Muslim follow Jesus closer than Christians do.

Here is the exact quote, “I am a Muslim and share with you the love and respect of Jesus. I just saw an interview of Dr. Brown on www.thedeenshow.com where he says Muslims follow Jesus more than Christians. It is very true and makes any Muslim proud. Quran also contains a lot of biography on Jesus and Mary. We should work towards promoting tolerance through love and respect for Jesus.”


Jesus narrows His list of followers to those who would agree with Acts 4:12. I wonder if this Muslim would agree that salvation comes only through the name of Jesus. I seriously doubt it but I hope that they would put their faith and trust in Jesus and Jesus alone for their salvation. He is the only way. John 14:6 “ Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. The Way to God is very narrow – it is through a personal relationship with Jesus. Do you know Him?

Application

I am glad that the Muslim that wrote on my blog is looking and thinking about Jesus. My prayer today is for that person to believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and Savior.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that the Muslim that wrote me on Wednesday could understand that salvation comes through Jesus and Jesus alone. I pray that You give him or her that understanding today. I pray for millions of Muslims to be saved. Open their hearts and give them the spiritual understanding so that they can know who Jesus is and turn to Him in faith and repentance. I know that You love them just as much as You love me. You died for them on the cross just as You died for me. Open their spiritual eyes today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: