Monday, January 17, 2011

Serving Him … It is Who We Are!

Genesis 42; Genesis 43; Psalm 5; Luke 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Serving Him … It is Who We Are!

Scripture

Luke 17

10 In the same way, when you obey me you should say, ‘We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.’”

Observation

Tired after a Sunday of serving the Lord and all of His people. I think it is important for us to remember after a busy or difficult Sunday that we are just unworthy servants who have simply done our duty. I think too often we want recognition or praise for doing the things that we should be doing. Serving the Lord for us should be what we are all about and getting tired, or getting fussed at, or dealing with difficult issues or difficult people goes with our job. Deal with it. Ministry is messy and just plain hard work. But the rewards and the satisfaction of doing a good job make it all worth it. We are not doing it for the praise of men. We are serving the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords Who is worthy of all of our praise.

Application

I will enjoy this Monday serving my Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the privilege of knowing You personally. Thank You for allowing me to serve You. Help me to serve You today with all of my heart, all of my soul, and all of my strength.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: