Friday, January 07, 2011

Our Shield of Protection

Genesis 18; Genesis 19; Psalm 3; Luke 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Our Shield of Protection

Scripture

Psalm 3

3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me;
you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
4 I cried out to the LORD,
and he answered me from his holy mountain.

Observation

Do you have a shield around you today? Who is protecting you as you go through this day?

How many verses talk about God protection of His saints? As I think about it I know that it is a lot. The book of Psalms is full of promises of God’s protection. What verse or passage comes to your mind? How about Psalm 23, Psalm 37, or Isaiah 41 or 43?

Is your head hanging down this morning? Are you bummed out about something? Do you feel defeated? The Lord is the lifter up of our heads. Talk to Him about the situation and ask Him to give you strength. He will get that head back up high!

Application

I will look to the Lord today for my strength. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is my prayer this morning I pray this Psalm back to You:
1 O LORD, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. 2 So many are saying, “God will never rescue him!” 3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. 4 I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy mountain. 5 I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me. 6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side. 7 Arise, O LORD! Rescue me, my God! Slap all my enemies in the face! Shatter the teeth of the wicked! 8 Victory comes from you, O LORD. May you bless your people.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: