Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Make Me More Like Jesus

Genesis 12; Genesis 13; Genesis 14; Luke 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Make Me More Like Jesus

Scripture

Luke 5

32 I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.”

Observation

There are people that think that they are OK they think that they are not bad sinners and they see no need to repent. When you run into these people you will discover that they will not come to Jesus. Tax collectors, prostitutes, and scum as the Pharisees described them know that they are sinners and many of them realize their need to repent. Our problem is that we tend to hang out with Pharisee types more than with rotten sinners that are ready to repent. We need to be more like Jesus. I need to be more like Jesus.

Application

I will think of what I need to do to spend more time with people that know that they are sinners.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be the salt and light that You commanded me to be. Direct me to people that are open to the Gospel. Help me focus on the people that know that they are sinners and are willing to repent. Make me more like Jesus.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: