Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God's Grace is Enough!

1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2; 1 Chronicles 3; 2 Corinthians 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


God's Grace is Enough!

Scripture

2 Corinthians 12

9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

Observation

“My grace is all you need.” My grace is all you need...period...end of story! God's grace is all that we need. Paul is sharing a huge secret with us. He is sharing the key to how to live this life here on earth which is living life through the power of Christ who lives within us.

Paul had the opportunity to actually experience Heaven. He said that he got to hear things that humans are not allowed to hear. I think it is interesting that he said “hear” and he did not say “see”. I would have thought that he would have seen things that were too wonderful for humans to see, but he heard things that humans are not allowed to hear. Was it the angelic choir? Who knows, but what ever it was God allowed Paul to experience something very very special. Maybe he had this experience when he was being beaten with rods, or with whips, or while he was floating around in the sea, or maybe when he was stoned and left for dead.

I would love to have the experience of hearing and even seeing the neat things in Heaven, but I don't care about having any of the hardships that Paul experienced to get that opportunity. He more than deserved it.

Application

I will rely on the power of Christ today to help me do the things that I need to do. I realize that my weakness is the opportunity for God to show off His power. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that so many things that I need to accomplish are way beyond my strength and capability. But Your grace is sufficient for me. I will rely on You. Help me to do that this week as I do things things that You direct me to do. You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: