Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Power of Biblical Stories

2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

The Power of Biblical Stories

Scripture

Matthew 13

34 Jesus always used stories and illustrations like these when speaking to the crowds. In fact, he never spoke to them without using such parables.

Observation

There is power in God's Word and it is wrapped up in the stories found in the Bible. The word “always” is a very important word in verse 34 because it describes how often Jesus told stories. He always told stories when he was with a crowd of people. Last night we told the Biblical story found in Matthew 27 of when Jesus was crucified. In telling the story and then having the group retell the story were able to relive that day when Jesus was nailed to the cross.

We ask 4 questions about the story every week: What does the story teach us about God? What does the story teach us about mankind? What did we find new in the story? What will I do differently in my life because of this story (application)?
I would strongly encourage your life group/small group to do Biblical storytelling and watch how God Word becomes alive and powerful in the lives of those attending.

Application

I will work at being a better Biblical storyteller and I will not give up on getting other small groups to use this method.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Jeff Holley and his encouragement in the area of Biblical storytelling. I pray that you give him energy and determination to get more an more churches involved in story telling. I pray that Your Word would continue to work in a mighty way in the lives of those attending Christ Fellowship. Guide and direct my thoughts and my actions as I go through this day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: