Friday, April 22, 2011

Meditate on What God Has Done For You

1 Samuel 25; 1 Samuel 26; Psalm 63; Matthew 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Meditate on What God Has Done For You

Scripture

Psalm 63

3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.

6 I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on you through the night.

Observation

When was the last time that you stayed awake at night thinking about the Lord? Do you meditate on God and God's Word through the night? I would love to say that I did on a regular basis. I have learned that when I wake up at night it is a great time to pray. It is a great time to talk to the Lord.

Can I say this about God, "that His unfailing love is better than life itself"? Do I lift up my hands to the Lord in prayer or is that just during a worship service when I am moved by the music?

I have a long way to go to be at the worship level of King David. David didn't live in luxury when he wrote this Psalm. He was hiding out from King Saul and daily had to camp out probably constantly having to move from one place to another.

Application

I will meditate on the Lord today and tonight I will re-read this Psalm before I go to bed so hopefully I can like awake thinking of God and what He did for me on this day called “Good Friday”.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me. We think of what He did on this day and we call this day “Good Friday”. This day was very good for us because it was on this day that Jesus died for our sins and took our place on that cross. Thank You for dying for me. Thank You for dying for those around me. I pray that the message of the cross would touch many lives this weekend. I pray that thousands of people will place their faith in You this weekend. Sunday is coming. Come Lord Jesus!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: