Sunday, April 10, 2011

Living For The Praise Of ONE! Serving An Audience of ONE!

1 Samuel 8; 1 Samuel 9; 1 Samuel 10; 2 Corinthians 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Living For The Praise Of ONE! Serving An Audience of ONE!

Scripture

2 Corinthians 10

18 When people commend themselves, it doesn’t count for much. The important thing is for the Lord to commend them.

Observation

Today's reading in 2 Corinthians 10 is a great reminder that we don't need the praise of men, but we do need the praise of ONE. Don't worry about what everybody else thinks about what you are doing. You should be concerned about serving the ONE Who really counts.

Jesus Christ should be the ONE we serve. Recognition by the people that you serve is way overrated and you better be careful not to serve them just to receive their praise. There will be times when they are not real happy with the decisions that you make and they may even fight against you. We have plenty of examples in scripture that prove what I am saying just look at the church in Corinth.

Application

I will serve the Lord today. I will serve an audience of ONE. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for waking me up this morning with excitement. Thank You for giving me assurance that today You are going to work powerfully within our church. I pray that Your Hand continues to remain on our church. We are nothing without You. I pray that You use Pastor Bruce today in a powerful way. I pray that every word that he says communicates clearly and I pray that people will be saved today and that lives are changed. Thank You for allowing me to serve You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: